Linux Reboot Worklet
How do I create a reboot worklet to be able to reboot my Linux devices consistently?
*Editing Note: screenshots need to be redone to utilize lowercase exit instead of Exit
- Open the Automox Console and browse to Manage and then create a new policy.
- Name the policy something unique that will identify what this policy is for and then select Linux under the operating system also if you are ready go ahead and assign a group of devices to this policy to be able to test it. Please be sure you use a Dev or Test group and not a Production group for testing.
- Under Scope for the Evaluation and Remediation code, please use what I have entered below. **Please note that for Linux and Unix devices this is Case Sensitive. Linux will require lower case characters as seen below.
- You can skip the Payload section and for scheduling you can set a schedule or leave it blank. The last step is to set the user notifications. I recommend using the settings like I have below, this will not put any prompts up on the device and it will just reboot the device.
- You are all set to use this worklet to reboot your Linux devices now.