Create a deployment package for Windows devices in PDQ Deploy
This article describes how to create a packaged deployment of the Automox agent with PDQ Deploy.
Download the Automox agent installation package
- From the Automox console, select the Devices tab.
- Click Add Devices.
- Copy the user key from the Add Devices dialog window.
- Choose Windows as the operating system.
- Click Download Installer.
- Move the installer to a directory location that PDQ Deploy has access to for installs.
Deploy with PDQ Deploy
- Log in to your PDQ server and select File > New Folder in the menu.
- Select the Details tab, and fill in the following information as follows:
- Name: Automox Installer
- Version: (Optional) The version of the Automox agent you are deploying
- Description: (Optional) A description of the package
- Select the Options tab.
- Change the Run As option to Local System. The deployment is run as the Local System account on the target computer.
- Select Steps on the left under Properties, and then navigate to the Details tab.
- From the Install File drop-down menu, select the Automox agent you downloaded.
- Go to Command Line and select the Custom checkbox.
- Insert the following syntax and be sure to replace YOUR_ZONE_KEY with your user key from the Add Devices dialog window. In addition, replace Automox_Installer-latest.msi with the name of the MSI you're deploying that you dowloaded earlier.
msiexec.exe /i "Automox_Installer-latest.msi" /qn /norestart ACCESSKEY=YOUR_ZONE_KEY
- Save your deployment and run it against your desired Windows devices.
Article is closed for comments.