Question: How do I create a servicing stack update policy?
I would like to create a policy or worklet that will update the Servicing Stack on Microsoft Windows devices so that my devices will be ready to patch when my normal patching policies are scheduled to run.
- Open the Automox console.
- Browse to Manage > Policies.
- Click Create Policy.
- Pick a Patch Only Policy.
- Name the policy something unique that you will remember. We recommend something like "Servicing Stack - PROD".
Note: We recommend creating a Dev policy and a Prod policy so that you can have your dev/test devices get the update first and then rest of your devices afterwards. The Dev devices would want to run after patch Tuesday, second Tuesday of each month and then Prod policy could run all of the weeks of the month.
- If you want to use Device Targeting here is the section to add those device targets. Note: As this update is only for Windows Devices, this is not needed.
- Under package targeting enter "Servicing" and select the Automox Supported checkbox and then select the Everything Servicing checkbox.
- In the next section, set the schedule and notifications for the policy and you are ready to go!