An agent is not auto-updating for a device(s)
Automox is currently installed on a device, and recently, a new update for the agent has been released. This device has not updated its agent yet, why is that?
When an update has been released for the general public, there’s initially a slow rollout (we do not flag it for all users at the same time, but in a staggered fashion). After that staggered release, any devices should attempt to update as they check-in. There is no guarantee they’ll succeed each time they try, but they should try more than once.
If a device(s) is still not updating
- The update process uses C:\Windows\Temp [Windows] for the working directory on the update. This path can sometimes be blocked on devices that have strict controls (the standard agent working directory is usually allowlisted on these types of devices).
- In order to allowlist Automox for all devices, follow the instructions here.
- Your organization could have auto-update disabled.
- In the Automox Agent Update Policy, there is a clause that states that you can ask Support to disable auto-updates for your organization. It could be possible that this has been asked for your organization.
- A firewall could be blocking the Automox repository (see Agent Firewall Allowlisting Rules).
- It's possible that the process is still in a staggered state and has not been rolled out to your organization.