An agent is Not Auto-Updating for a Device(s)
Automox is currently installed on a device, and recently, a new update for the Agent has been released. This device has not updated its Agent yet, why is that?
Once an update has been released for the general public, there’s a slow rollout for it initially getting out there (we do not flag it for all at the same time, but in a staggered fashion). Once that staggered release has passed, any devices should attempt to update as they check-in. There’s no guarantee they’ll succeed each time they try but they should try more than once.
If a Device(s) is Still not Updating
- The update process uses C:\Temp [Windows] for the working directory on the update, it can sometimes be blocked on devices that have strict controls (the standard agent working directory usually being whitelisted on these types of devices).
- In order to whitelist Automox for all devices, please follow the instructions here.
- Your organization could have "auto-update" disabled.
- In the Automox Agent Update Policy, there is a clause that states that you can ask Support to disable auto-updates for your organization. Could it be possible that this has been asked for your organization?
- It could be firewall that's blocking Automox's repository (see the same article from the first bullet point).
- The process is still in a staggered state!