The update (Microsoft KB) is not installing with a Patch Policy
Is there a KB that you want to install onto your Windows device, but the Patch Policy is not able to install it with its current configuration? Or the KB doesn't even install with the addition of modified configurations? This article explains where KBs can come from, and why they might not be included in your Patch Policy.
A Microsoft KB is missed in a patch run.
What is the KB we're looking for? This is an example using KB5008602:
- If the update is not included on the Software page or Device Details page, then you need to look elsewhere for why it's not included.
- Search for the KB in the Microsoft Support Center. The direct link is here
- Scroll down to the "Install this update" section and compare the following:
- Note that the only available method for this KB is through the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Automox can only see what's available from a Device Operating System Repository. In short, if the device can see it as available, Automox should be able to patch it.
- Since this KB is only available through the Microsoft Update Catalog, Automox is not able to see it either. It will need to be installed by using a worklet.
Article is closed for comments.