KB Is Not Installing with a Patch Policy
Is there a KB that you would like to install onto your Windows device, and the Patch Policy is not able to install it with its current configuration? Or even with the addition of modified configurations? This article explains where KB's can come from, and why they may not be included in your Patch Policy.
A KB is missed in a Patch run
- What is the KB we're looking for?
- In this example, we'll use KB5008602
- If you've noticed that it is either not included in the Software page or on a Device's Details page, then we'll have to look elsewhere for why it's not being included.
- Next, let's head to Microsoft Support Center, where we'll search for this KB.
- Direct link here.
- Scroll down to the "Install this update" section, and notice the image below:
- Note that the only available method for this KB is via Microsoft Update Catalog
- Automox only can see what's available from a Device's Operating System Repository. In short: if the Device can see it as available, Automox should be able to patch it.
- Since this KB is only available via Microsoft Update Catalog, Automox will not be able to see it as well.