The KB is not installing with a Patch Policy
Is there a KB that you would like to install onto your Windows device, and the Patch Policy is not able to install it with its current configuration? Or it doesn't even install with the addition of modified configurations? This article explains where KBs can come from, and why they might not be included in your Patch Policy.
A KB is missed in a Patch run.
What is the KB we're looking for? In this example, we'll use KB5008602:
- If you've noticed that it is either not included in the Software page or on a Device Details page, then we'll have to look elsewhere for why it's not being included.
- Next, we will search for the KB in the Microsoft Support Center. The direct link is here
- Scroll down to the "Install this update" section, and compare the following:
- Note that the only available method for this KB is through the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Automox can only see what's available from a Device's Operating System Repository. In short: If the device can see it as available, Automox should be able to patch it.
- Since this KB is only available through the Microsoft Update Catalog, Automox is not able to see it either. It will need to be installed by using a worklet.